Weekly Sundown Rundown
CoverGirl and Star Wars are partnering for a makeup collection so goodbye to my bank account.
China has totally knocked off of Chicago’s bean, and the Windy City is furious.
One of our columnists — the amazing Heidi Stevens — wrote a piece detailing scenarios where a girl might go home with a guy and then sex might not happen.
Bic published an ad encouraging women to “think like a man,” successfully pissing off many women, myself included.
I love this video demonstrating 100 years of fashion in two minutes.
And my week highlights include:
- Reading The Girl on the Train. I recently picked up the habit of reading on my L train commutes, and as it turns out, you can plow your way through quite a few books this way!
- Renewing my hometown library card. I’ve had this card since 2004, and I renew it every year. I check out digital books for my Kindle with it for the aforementioned commutes.
- Painting my bar cart.
- Checking out the Birchbox popup right outside Tribune Tower.
- Catching the tail-end (pun intended) of the Chicago Air & Water show from a friend’s roof in Wicker Park.
- Dinner and drinks with an old coworker! Paul — a sports reporter from the Morning Sun — stopped by in Chicago, and the two of us headed to Wilde in Lakeview.
- Finally meeting the lovely Denise from Fashion Love Letters for Saturday morning brunch up in Winnetka! I had corn tamale flapjacks with sour cream and salsa at the Original Green Bay Cafe. Delicious. We also did a little bit of sightseeing, and checked out the Baha’i Temple, some beaches and the house from Home Alone.
(You can keep up with this stuff as it happens if you follow along on Instagram or on Snapchat: randimshaffer.)
I’m looking forward to a few things this week! I’m starting to get back into running (to combat my love of this city’s food), so I have a few fitness goals I’m hoping to attain.
And, I’m going to my first Cubs game at Wrigley Field. Of course, the Cubs are playing my beloved Tigers, so I’m hoping the Cubs lose.
What’s been on your radar lately? Let me know in the comments!