Randi with a portfolio
In addition to running and maintaining “Randi with an i,” I also work full time as a digital news editor at the Chicago Tribune.
I’m part of the team responsible for managing chicagotribune.com and its online content, as well as its social media accounts — which is probably my favorite part of the job.
Previously, I worked as a content producer and multimedia journalist for Digital First Media, covering city and township government, higher education and public education as a reporter in mid-Michigan. I also performed duties as a photographer, videographer and editor.
Resume (click image below to access PDF)
I guest on a weekly WGN Radio segment, talking about social media and news. You can listen here.
WCIU Chicago: I joined WCIU’s You & Me team for a live broadcast, during which I spoke about ways to discuss politics on social media. View the segment here.
Why GIFs help make good stories — published on SPJ Digital.
Public interest series: Union Township’s Republican treasurer was voted out of office after refusing to defend the township’s budget when it came under attack by Michigan’s Republican representative candidate. Reverse chronological order.
- Union Township officials discuss election ballot errors
- Union Township elects new treasurer
- Union Township ballots recounted following poll worker errors
- Union Township fiscally sound, treasurer declines comment on state of township finances
- Union Township supervisor apologizes, residents question censored agenda topics
- Union Township supervisor admits mistake in closing meeting early
- Union Township supervisor adjourns meeting mid-public comment
Feature series: Mount Pleasant resident Tim Roslund was diagnosed with fatal cancer. I followed him, and his family, for a three-piece feature series until his death. Reverse chronological order.
- Tim Roslund’s Journey: Goodbye is the hardest part
- Tim Roslund’s Journey: From hospice, to home, to hospice
- Tim Roslund’s Journey: The introductions
- 20-year-old Mount Pleasant resident killed Saturday morning
- 30- to 40- car accident causes US-127 closure from Alma to Mount Pleasant
My personal favorites: