Weekly Sundown Rundown
The Everygirl did an interview of Caitlin Crosby, who founded the Giving Keys. I saw Caitlin talk at an Invisible Children conference a few years ago and she was so nice.
Life isn’t all about marriage. Here are some things you can do instead.
Popsugar has a list of the best things to buy at Target.
Two-ingredient Nutella brownies. RIP your waistline.
So, uh. The Ashley Madison site was hacked.
Fortune has advice on what to do (and what not to do) following a job interview.
And my week highlights include…
- My first ever Wrigley Field experience! I watched my Tigers beat the Chicago Cubs 15-8 with my friend Mickey. Not a bad first Cubs experience!
- Brunch at Toast in Lincoln Park followed by window shopping with one of my old coworkers from Mongolian Barbeque. I had the apple, pear and brie crepe, and we stopped in at several shops such as Warby Parker and Paper Source, as well as a few antique and resale shops.
- Homemade breakfast omelettes — spinach, tomato and feta.
- Drinks at Cheesie’s in Lakeview with my cousin, Ben.
- Movie night at a friend’s place to watch Back to the Future. I’d never seen it before, I know. I’m behind on my pop culture.
- Starting — and finishing — Gillian Flynn’s Sharp Objects. Slow-moving, but well-written with a solid plot. My only gripe? The main character was a terrible journalist.
- A work meeting at Ghirardelli for some espresso chip ice cream.
- The usual 40-ish caffeine-fueled hours at the Trib.
(You can keep up with this stuff as it happens if you follow me on Instagram or on Snapchat: randimshaffer.)
What’s on your radar lately? Let me know in the comments!