Weekly Sundown Rundown
Hey guys! Happy Monday night! I’m a bit late with this post, but last night was super relaxing and much-needed, so my Type A self isn’t too upset about being delayed.
Links (mostly from my Twitter):
Baby Boomer bashing. I’m tired of my generation getting flak for “ruining everything.” Really? Most of us Millennials were still in college when the economy started failing. Give us a break!
Tim Baffoe wrote this piece regarding the ongoing Patrick Kane rape trial. It’s very well-written.
Love the concept behind this device that hopes to help prevent sexual assault.
This guide to casually laying off dozens of employees made me laugh. Just journalism things.
The trailer for Spike Lee’s Chi-Raq was released. Thoughts?
And my week highlights?
- Brunch at Bakin and Eggs in Lakeview with my friend Ariel. I had the croissant bread pudding french toast, and the two of us also had BYOB mimosas.
- Book shopping at Unabridged in Lakeview.
- Gift shopping at Inkling in Lakeview. I bought the cutest little Michigan necklace and a Chicago greeting card.
- A fun night at Streeter’s Tavern in Gold Coast with some of my coworkers. Giant Jenga, beer pong, pool and 90’s music? That’s a solid yes.
- Meeting up with friends at Enolo Wine Cafe.
- I have a new baby cousin! Thomas Abram Patrick was born this week and I couldn’t be more excited to meet him!
- RedEye’s Big Idea Awards. RedEye is one of the Tribune’s publications, so I went with coworkers and had a great time networking, hearing speeches from some of Chicago’s innovators and — of course — trying bite-size pieces of Chicago’s food and wine.
- The most relaxing bubble bath with a book (Go Set a Watchman) and my favorite bath scent.
- A trip to Chicago’s French Market with my friend Weck, who was in town for the weekend with her new husband for some work-related things.
(You can keep up with this stuff as it happens if you follow me on Instagram and on Snapchat: RandiMShaffer.)
What’s on your radar lately? Let me know in the comments!