Weekly Sundown Rundown
Links (mostly from my Twitter):
Chicago’s Cafe El Tapatio (Lakeview) is expanding. It’s one of my favorites, but it’s a little cramped, so thank gosh.
Have you been following along with Chicago’s Laquan McDonald protests?
I love this fun read from the New York Times on modern dating and texting.
…And this one from Business Insider about how having too many options is actually kind of a bad thing.
With the holidays coming up, here are some excuses for when your family asks why you’re still single.
I love this pear-and-apple oatmeal recipe.
And my week highlights? Honestly? I don’t have too many of them. I found out earlier today that I’ve had strep throat for the entire past week! That would explain why I’ve felt so terrible and consumed so much tea. So, short of a trip to urgent care and a trip to CVS for some penicillin, this week’s events include:
- Black Friday shopping! I got a new Apple TV and I’m really excited about it.
- Friendsgiving at my coworker’s apartment in Logan Square. I contributed my grandma’s escalloped corn and pumpkin pie, but could not stop eating so much amazing food! My friends are great cooks.
- Homemade pear-and-apple oatmeal.
- A show at Second City! I saw Soul Brother Where Art Thou with my coworker Greg, and really enjoyed it. My face hurt from laughing so much afterward.
- A sleepover at my friend Mickey’s. We stayed up late gossiping, made breakfast, played with the dogs she was petsitting and did manicures.
- My new Bean Boots were delivered!
- Dinner at XOCO in Wicker Park…
- …followed by drinks at Estelle’s in Wicker Park.
You can keep up with this stuff as it happens if you follow me on Instagram, or on Snapchat at RandiMShaffer.
This coming week, I’m really excited to start kicking off Christmas festivities! I’m planning on doing some Cyber Monday shopping and taking advantage of free shipping, since I’ll have to have gifts shipped to Michigan in advance of the holiday. I’m also looking forward to decorating my apartment.
What’s going on in your life? Let me know in the comments!