Most worn this fall – 2015
A few years ago, I did a post rounding up my “most worn this winter.”
It’s been a while (almost two years!) since I’ve done a seasonal wardrobe round-up, and I figured I was due for another.
I’m pretty big on keeping track of what I wear and when I wear it. I like to think of my closet as an investment. When I buy something, I always try to justify the price by deciding whether the piece will come out to a dollar per wear, and I always try to get the best quality item I can afford.
I love keeping track of what I wear because when it comes time to make some wardrobe upgrades, it’s super easy to look at my closet analytics and see which items I get the most use out of. Those ones obviously get the first priority.
So, what have I been living in this fall?
- Barbour Beadnell. This was a new purchase this year and I absolutely love this jacket. It’s warm, waterproof and casual — great for city living. I paired it with leather leggings and combat boots for a fashion show, and wear it with riding boots and skinny jeans on weekends. I’m already looking forward to keeping this thing in my closet for the next several decades.
- H&M sweater. Anyone else take complete advantage of the H&M Basics line when it goes on sale? I bought this sweater in dark gray, light gray and navy (all sized up) and wear with leggings around my apartment or with jeans on weekends.
- L.L. Bean flannel. I own this in Black Watch (and have two more plaids on the way!) and love it. This is the perfect flannel.
- Cole Haan riding boots. I have a pair of Kenmares that I bought last season, and I wear them at least four times a week. They’re really high quality and fit my super slim calves perfectly.
- Olive scarf. I go for quality on a lot of items, but I usually don’t when it comes to scarves. They snag easily, and are such a fun way to add a pop of something to every outfit. I’ve been loving this olive scarf from Forever 21 because it complements my Barbour perfectly.
- Forever 21 lounge pants. This fall’s been pretty warm in Chicago, so it hasn’t been chilly enough to break out the flannel or fleece pants. These are a really cheap alternative to wear around my apartment. I have them in a maroon heart print.
- H&M cardigan. This is another basic I’ve found myself re-wearing. I’ve paired it with a black dress and a statement necklace for work, and with a t-shirt and skinny jeans for weekends.
- Calvin Johnson jersey. This is my standard Sunday uniform for all of NFL season. Now if only the Lions could match my level of consistency.
- Black Express jeans. My office is pretty casual, but I usually try to refrain from jeans. When I do wear jeans, I go for black. They just seem a little more professional than denim to me.
- Lush tunic. This was a spontaneous buy for me, but I was surprised by how much I’ve worn it. It looks great for work layered over a cami, and looks great with black jeans at the bar.
- Longchamp Le Pliage. I picked this nylon tote up this summer to use as an overnight bag when I was dogsitting for a friend and needed something nonchalant to take with me to the office, but I’ve been surprised at how much I’ve started using it for, well, everything!
- Kate Spade crossbody. I also picked this up last-minute when I wanted something small for day trips, and I ended up being surprised by how much use I get out of it! It’s great for everything from dates to bar nights to weekend shopping trips.
What’s been on repeat in your wardrobe this fall? What are you looking forward to breaking out for the winter? Let me know in the comments!
Photos by Kasondra Van Treeck
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.