Weekly Sundown Rundown
Links (mostly from my Twitter):
Fifteen questions (and answers) about my favorite thing: glitter.
Lollapalooza is expanding to four days next year! I don’t think my liver will be able to handle it.
The front page of the New York Daily News was pretty… intense, after the San Bernardino shooting.
Parents are naming their kids after Instagram filters. Not gonna lie… I would probably do this.
I ran a round-up of my dozen most-worn this fall.
A lot of white millennials get financial help from their parents.
My friend Kayla is fighting Lyme disease! I donated to help with her treatment costs, and if you have a few dollars to spare, I’d ask you to do the same.
The iPhone might be getting rid of the headphone jack? I’m not so sure I like that idea.
There’s a Tumblr account dedicated to last messages sent and received. It’s so insightful. And also heartbreaking.
And my week highlights?
I was still recovering from strep throat and ended up coming down with a cold. Yuck. So, my week was pretty slow. High points include:
- Dinner at Andersonville’s Little Bad Wolf, followed by…
- …drinks at Andersonville’s Hopleaf.
- Starting (and finishing) Empire season one. Do you watch it? It’s filmed in Chicago, so all my coworkers love it. It’s so good, and the soundtrack is flawless.
- Some awesome Cyber Monday deals, including this dress from Loft, this dress from Loft and these Kendra Scott earrings in green.
- Putting up my apartment’s Christmas decorations.
- Newsroom cake! The @chicagotribune Twitter reached 500,000 followers — making it the biggest media presence in Chicago. One of the editors brought cake for the web team to celebrate.
I’m looking forward to some holiday celebrations this coming week, and hopefully I’ll start feeling a bit better.
What’s on your agenda? Ready for the holidays? Let me know in the comments!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.