My Valentine’s Day gift picks for girlfriends (under $50!)
I cannot believe it’s almost February, which means…
Valentine’s Day is coming up! I’ve personally never been a fan of the “traditional” gifts, ie: chocolate, stuffed animals and flowers. I guess I just think that simple heartfelt gifts are much better than anything red and pink and Hallmark-branded. Plus, these gifts often last much longer than just through the last few weeks of February. So, here are my favorite under $50 gift ideas for girlfriends/ fiancees/ wives.
1. Cast iron fondue set. If you absolutely must stick with tradition and gift chocolate, couple it with this cute fondue set. Reusable and romantic date night ready. Don’t forget the strawberries!
2. Designer popcorn. Four regular cones in different flavors for less than $30. Couple with a bottle of wine and a gift card for an at-home movie rental for an under-$50 Valentine’s date night.
3. Card holder. Perfect for storing business cards or rewards cards and looking cute while doing so. Pre-stock it with a gift card to a favorite lunch date spot, or something like this, for an added touch.
4. Hand cream set. With shea butter, almond, verbena and rose to choose from, these luxurious lotions can be popped in and out of purses and handbags as needed to combat the February cold and stay hand-holding ready.
5. Initial bar necklace. Jewelry is a classic gift idea that will last longer than chocolates. This has just the right amount of personalization and is simple enough to be worn with multiple outfits.
6. Framed photo. Sometimes classic is best. Write a sweet note on the back of the picture before you gift it, and customize the frame with a lovely note or inside joke if so desired.
7. External phone battery. I’m not sure what it is about cell phones, but I swear each new model has a shorter battery life than the one before it. This battery pack is stylish and can give any iPhone a much needed boost for longer FaceTime or texting sessions.
8. Scented candle. Flowers smell gorgeous, but the scent only lingers until they die. This rose bouquet and black currant-scented candle will smell just as nice, and is packaged so pretty that the empty glass can be reused for makeup brushes or pens.
9. Tea infuser mug. Not only is this Teavana pick on sale, but it’s also customizable. Pick out a few tea blends and some cute tins to go with it. Oolong and herbal are my personal favorites.
10. Essie’s latest seasonal collection. The Cashmere Matte collection is full of neutrals with a finish just shiny enough to make a statement without being too in your face. It’s super classy and versatile and will remain wearable not only for Valentine’s Day dates, but also for the other 364 days of the year.
There you have it! Like most holidays, I think Valentine’s Day should be more about the time spent together than the money spent on gifts. Keep it simple and enjoy your date. These are some pretty timeless picks that aren’t in-your-face Valentine’s Day and can be use throughout the year.
What are you hoping for this Feb. 14?
This post uses affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.